One of the most frequently asked questions from our customers is which flowers last the longest. During the summer months we aim to provide flower varieties that cope better with the heat and will give you a longer lasting display.
Additionally, there are a number of things which you can do to make your flowers last as long as possible.
1. Use flower food - we provide a sachet of flower food with every order, add to the water before you place the flowers in a vase. This contains ingredients which help the flower to absorb water and also help to keep the water cleaner for longer.
2. Recut stems - Before you place your flowers in a vase, diagonally cut a small amount off each stem. This helps the flowers to absorb water.
3. Change water and recut stems regularly - If you can manage this daily it should help to prolong the life of your flowers.
4. Remove any wilted blooms - Over time, certain flowers in an arrangement might wilt faster than others. By removing these you will help the other flowers last longer.
5. Do not allow leaves or flowers beneath water line - this will stop bacteria growing and help keep flowers alive and fresh.
6. Try to keep them cool - easier said than done in Hong Kong summer! But flowers will last longer in a cooler environment.
7. Keep out of direct sunlight, heat and aircon drafts. Flowers like cool moist air, you can always spray them lightly if you notice they are getting dry.
8. Use a suitable sized vase for your arrangement - Flowers like fresh air and room to breathe and bloom! We can deliver your order in a vase if you aren't sure if you will have the right sized vase.